Wednesday, January 21, 2009

RSS and Web 2.0

In class this week I learned about an RSS. Before attending class, I had absolutely no idea what an RSS was. An RSS (stands for Really Simple Syndication) is a tool that allows you to subscribe to automatic updates from all of your favorite websites without the hassle of actually having to visit individual sites. When you subscribe to an RSS, website updates are automatically sent to your email account, blog, etc. RSS subscriptions synthesize information into one convenient spot. In class, I also learned about two Web 2.0 tools that will be useful to me as an educator. The first Web 2.0 tool is Goodreads.com. This is a fabulous site where I will be able to post and review books. This site will be a great resource for parents and students to find appropriate, age-level, teacher-reccommended books for reading. The second Web 2.0 tool is Delicious. Delicious is a bookmarking site that allows you to store bookmarks of various websites, tagging them with descriptive labels for easy reference and access. This will be useful to me as an educator because I will be able to build a bookmark list of resource websites for lesson plan ideas, educational videos, and other useful sites to use for my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment